Saturday, October 3, 2009

Oh, how time flies...

Ok, so I know that it has been almost eight months since my last blog and most of you thought that I gave it up. On the contrary, it has been in the back of my mind the whole time but it just hasn't made it to the top of my priority list. Now that things have changed and I have more free time on my hands, (don't get excited, when I say free time, I mean an extra hour here and there...) I can devote some spare time to updating our loved ones more often.
Brad and I are completely different people than how I described in the last blog. Maya was only a couple days old and we were running on pure adrenaline and joy. Oh how naive we were. We had no idea how many petty arguments we would have, how many sleepless nights we would share, how many grudges we would hold against each other, and how many tears I would shed. But, we made it through the rough times stronger than ever, more in love than ever, and happier than ever.
Our happy little family sharing some love.
I am not even going to try to elaborate on everything since Maya's birth, so I decided to post a ton of pictures instead. We have enjoyed Mother's day, Father's day, visits from family, a visit to Pennsylvania, and most importantly, the development of Maya. It is hard to believe that she is almost eight months old! Soon enough we will be celebrating her first birthday and before we know it she will be old enough to talk back. Trust me, we make sure to relish in the now moments because they will end soon enough.
Maya is still trying to learn to crawl. As of now she just lays on her belly and kicks her legs as hard as she can. If she does get anywhere, it is usually backwards. She will get it soon enough. We actually think she may walk before she crawls. She is starting to learn to pull herself up on me when we are playing on the floor and she loves to stand up (with me holding her of course). She is also quite the chatterbox. I was lucky enough to enjoy her first word of mama. Of course, I have been training her with this since she was born. She can say ma-ma, ba-ba, blah blah, ooh, and aah. No da-da yet. I am working on it.

A happy little Maya at 6 months.

As far as Brad and myself we are doing great. I just finished up my schooling and now have a bachelors degree in Organizational Management. I am so proud of this accomplishment since I did it while pregnant, and finished up with a squirmy and moody baby on my lap. I graduated with a 3.49 GPA. To answer the question everyone seems to have, the next step for me is to continue what we are doing. We are priviledged enough that I am able to stay at home with Maya and avoid daycare. We have no regrets with this decision and I thank God everyday for allowing me to do so. Once Maya goes to school, I plan on entering the education field so that I can work the same general hours she will be in school.
I am also looking to join some local mommy-and-me groups to allow Maya to socialize and also allow mommy to do the same.
Brad is doing great at Colonial Country Club. He is doing so well, that there is a strong possibility that he will be transferred to his company's biggest country club they manage. Venus and Serena Williams are members. We are very excited and if all goes well, we will move in a year. Maya and I are very proud of him.
We are also celebrating our 1 year anniversary. If all goes well, my dad and Linda will be coming to stay with Maya while Brad and I go to Disneyworld together. Although I will be a nervous wreck and miss Maya severely, it will be nice to get to know my husband again (and get my first break away from baby duty in 8 months).
That is our life in a nutshell. Just happy and thankful. We hope you enjoy the pictures. I put some pics in from her newborn days to show just how much she has grown. Notice how much hair she had in the beginning and how little she has now...
I also put recent pictures of her grandparents. Maya's grandma Linda is missing. She was unable to make the trip down, but she gets to see Maya next week! I will make sure to have pictures of the two of them next update!
We love you all and wish you the very best in your lives. Until next time, adios!

Our little hula baby at 6 months.

Maya's first day home and only 2 days old.


Maya swimming in her clothing at 2 weeks old.


Pretty in pink at 1 month old.


Deep in thought at 2 months old.


All smiles at 3 months old.


Happy times at 6 months old.


Bath time with daddy at 6 months old.


Hugs to grandpa Ralph, 6 months.


Maya with Tutu Pattie, 6 months.


Smiles with Grandpa Dennis, 6 months.


Smiles with Grandma Sandi, 6 months.


Relaxing with Grandpa Zack, 6 months.


Family fun at the Tampa aquarium, 5 months.


Fun with stickers, 7 months.

First time in a high chair, 7 months.





No comments: